Sunday, April 23, 2017

Elder Rasband Returns

This week was kind of crazy. We found the most prepared person I've ever seen. We put him on date and had a lesson with him every night. But he sent us a text saying he got kicked out of his house and we haven't been able to get into contact with him. So we're praying that everything is okay!  There is a lot more to say about him but just not enough time to write it. His name is Melvin and he's been the focus of our week.

We also had 3 investigators in church and Elder Rasband come back on Saturday! I got to shake his hand and say hello which was super cool. We had an amazing devotional and heard some incredible testimonies from our Mission President and his father (a previous seventy.) But there's something about an apostles testimony that is just different. One short little thing that he said that really stuck out to me was this, "I testify that the Lord Jesus Christ lives, and his voice is not scarcely heard by the leaders of this church." I hope that's right, I would hate to misquote an apostle but it was something like that, I'm not the best note taker.

Anyways, it was just so powerful. He told us that President Monson is weakened but is doing just fine. He said that he loves us and he asked us to pray for him. I love President Monson and I know he's a true prophet of God who hears the voice of the Lord often to guide us in this turbulent world. I love you all!! I hope you had and amazing week! Keep praying!
Elder Brunsdale




No comments:

Post a Comment