Friday, December 9, 2016

First Week of December

This week had its challenges, one of our investigators was supposed to get baptized this Saturday but he got drunk a few days ago. We love him so much though and really hope we can help him and he'll choose to use the atonement and overcome his addiction.

I love the holiday season and it's really cool to be a missionary during this time! We'll be taking some investigators to see the temple lights soon so I'm really excited for that!

Today for our P day we went to see the Battle of Bull Run Memorial. It was super cool to learn about it and imagine what it might have been like. They've placed canons in the actual places they had been during the battle. I love History so I feel super blessed to have been able to see that.

That battle site was sosososo cool. Haha. Like seriously one of the coolest places I've ever been. and I haven't even really been to DC yet! This is seriously such a cool mission haha.

The coolest part for me was the big Stonewall Jackson memorial and then about 20 yards away is a memorial where one of his commanders died. Right before he died he said the famous quote "There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Rally behind the Virginians!" So it was an amazing moment when I looked over to the the monument of Jackson on his horse and it was like I was there for a couple seconds. It was so cool. It's really sad that so many men died there. It was the first real battle of the Civil War, if the North had won it would have been over but they couldn't pull it out.

Anyway, have an amazing week!

-EDER BRUNSDALE (HYRUM)







No comments:

Post a Comment