Friday, December 9, 2016

First Week in the Field!

I'm officially a real missionary! Northern Virginia is straight up gawgeous, people. Right off the plane the President took us straight to the Lincoln memorial it was so sick!! We went back to the mission home and played ping pong and Foosball. The President humbled me...

My first area is sweet! It's like two minutes from the Battle of Bull Run so I'll be going to that one of these P-days. We get to go into DC if we want to which is sweet!

My trainer is Elder Lucero, he's freaking awesome! He's trying to teach me Spanish. :D

It seriously feels like someone broke into the settings of the US and changed the language. :D No one speaks English! We go knock on doors in huge neighborhoods and every person only speaks Spanish. It's so weird haha like where am I??
 
It's also super diverse, there are people from 17 different countries in our ward! It is cool cuz every time we get a new investigator we have to choose who they're gonna sit by. We have to think about who else is from Guatemala or whatever so that they have similar cultures and can become friends. It's awesome though!

The members are awesome and we always have dinner appointments, they feed you so much and it's so good. I've already had homemade food from Peru, Dominican republic, Mexico, Guatemala, Pizza Hut, and I think one other. So it rocks!

I'm so happy though and super excited to experience everything that comes with serving the Lord with all my heart in DC.

If you wanna write me a real letter my address is

10861 Gambril Dr. Apt.B
Manassas VA 20109



This leaf was the catch of the day
cuz no one was answering their doors!
Killer rainbow outside the Bishop's house.


Random house I thought was pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment