Friday, October 6, 2017

New companion... like NEW!

 Arguably the greatest gospel writer of our time, President Joseph F. Smith, once said, "The grateful man sees so much in the world to be thankful for, and with him the good outweighs the evil. Love overpowers jealousy, and light drives darkness out of his life." 
   
I've recently started a gratitude journal.The impact that this has had on me has been profound. Every morning after doing some stretches I sit down and start thinking about something I'm grateful for. I take about a page or so and then through writing I express to my God as best I can the feelings of my heart concerning that one thing. Yesterday I wrote about shoes, but today I wrote about Elder Kemp.

Elder Kemp just flew from Germany to join me here in Mt. Vernon! He's in a military family so he was born in Arizona and speaks perfect English, but he's teaching me some basic Korean and German while I teach him Spanish! It's a lot of fun, he's an extremely prepared Elder and is ready to serve the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart. I'm excited to have the opportunity to be his companion. I've learned a lot and know that the next 11 weeks are going to be incredible. 

We're doing some great work and have quite a few investigators with baptismal dates. On Elder Kemp's first full day we visited a referral and put them on date on the first lesson! They're incredible and they're been praying for God to lead them to the church that they should be in. It's such a humbling privilege to be able to witness the Lord's hand in the lives of these people. 

This week we also had an activity in our church!! It was called the noche de hispanidad and we set up a bunch of tables with food from every country. There was músic and dancing and a show! 

It was an incredible turn out and I think that the table that I set up with my companion is just beautiful don't you? The picture of the stage is a bit too early. We eventually filled every single seat! Crazy right? It was a lot of fun and we got to meet a lot of non-members :) 

Well, have a fantastic week! Love you all. Pray hard will ya? 
Elder Brunsdale









No comments:

Post a Comment