Friday, October 6, 2017

Participating in a Miracle

Wow! Well, I'm very sorry it's been so long since I have written an email. It's been a little bit crazy. Things have really been great though. Training is a real blast and my trainee is hilarious and a great missionary.

This last week the sister missionaries gave us a call and asked if we could come to the house of their investigator to give a blessing to an old man named Santos. He had been really sick for a long time and couldn't hardly move or speak. He just sat in a chair for weeks while they helped him to live. The only thing that he was able to communicate to them was "I'm so scared, God is going to take me." So when we arrived there to give the blessing much of his extended family was there. Probably 15 people. Not one member. So, the sister missionaries taught a little bit about the priesthood and then Elder Kemp anointed in perfect Spanish and I had the chance to give the blessing, it was a very spiritual experience for me. At the end we were able to shake his hand and he just looked up into my eyes, tears streaming down his face. Although he was unable to speak I could feel his gratitude and know that he had felt the spirit. His family kept saying "thank you, thank you, God is with him now."
   
The next day we found out that later that day Santos stood up from his chair and started walking, and then dancing! By the end of the night he was telling the family stories and laughing. He says he knows that God healed him. It was incredible to witness someone with so much faith, as well as a blessing to be able to administer to him and to see the Lord's hand in his life. The Lord's priesthood is restored!
   
I hope you all have a wonderful week! Pray always :)
Elder Brunsdale




No comments:

Post a Comment