Tuesday, January 23, 2018

George Washington's House

Last week I had the wonderful opportunity to visit the estate of the beloved father of our nation. General George Washington. I was very moved by a few of his words. 

“Whereas it becomes us humbly to approach the throne of Almighty God, with gratitude and praise for the wonders which his goodness has wrought in conducting our fore-fathers to this western world…and above all, that he hath diffused the glorious light of the gospel, whereby, through the merits of our gracious Redeemer, we may become the heirs of his eternal glory.”

George Washington understood the value of the truth and light that God has revealed to us. Even before the restoration of the Gospel by Joseph Smith. When we pray do we humbly approach the throne of God with gratitude and praise? 
      
George not only had the Gospel to thank God for because his house is HUGE. Just the view from his back porch inspired me to say a short prayer of gratitude! But I believe there's a lot to learn from the inspired words of this founding father.
      
I'm sorry it's been a cool minute since I sent out an email but things here have been pretty crazy! We have an investigator on date who's getting baptized soon and we've been really focused on helping her prepare. Her name is Liliana and she's the greatest! 
        
We're also still teaching a man named Paco who has been investigating with us for over 6 months (since I got into this area.) He has a testimony but has been struggling to overcome his addiction to tobacco chewing. The other day I was praying for him and I suddenly felt as though he didn't understand grace. My companion and I prepared a lesson for him on grace and the spirit was so strong as we were teaching. Probably the most powerful lesson I've ever taught. Afterwards the member who's house we went to for the lesson texted us and told us that she had never felt the spirit so strongly in her entire life! So we're so thankful to know that God is conscious of Paco and that he's guiding him to where he needs to be. I don't imagine it'll will be too long before he's baptized. 
       
There's a million things to write but that's all I've got time for so I hope that it makes sense. I love you all and I hope that you're doing great! :)

Elder Brunsdale  







No comments:

Post a Comment