Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Misael and Cooking and a Rolex

I just realized that last week's email didn't send so here ya go! 

I feel like I often neglect to write about how the work is going in our area, so I'm going to start with that this week. 

Firstly we're still teaching Paco who is incredible! I can't even explain how amazing our lessons are with him. They're always in the house of a member and he always studies what we ask him to and sends us a list of questions to answer the day before. This last week he said he was up until 2 am studying Preach My Gospel and The Book of Mormon because he just couldn't stop! He'll be baptized this coming month :) 

We recently found and are teaching Misael who is incredible as well. We heard him talking to some sisters at church and he said "I just feel so much joy and peace in my heart when the Elders visit me. I hope they never stop." He's trying to quit smoking and he's already gone from 20 a day to just 5! In only a week! He also has a date to be baptized next month :) 

We also started teaching a friend of our recent convert Liliana, her name is Corali. She came to church and said she thought it was boring but liked the classes, so we're gonna fix that. If you don't look forward to church then you're missing something. 

Lastly we have Eduardo who has a son who is autistic and he is showing a lot of interest. The work is going so great!

We recently started sending daily scriptural texts to members and investigators with a personalized message. We've already had 3 active but struggling members open up to us and tell us how much our texts have blessed them. I'm so blessed to have had this chance to spend 9 months in an area and grow so incredibly close to the members, I've really seen the ward change for the better before my eyes. It's going to be really hard to leave them...
     
In other news it snowed!! I cooked some spaghetti with Lupe, the most incredible ward missionary ever. She does almost as much work as we do and has been crucial in helping Paco towards his conversion.

I love my companion Elder Kemp, he's really one of my best friends. I also wore a 27,000 thousand dollar Rolex watch at a member dinner. 
     
I love you all so much, I know this is a true work :) Christ lives and loves us, every one. Don't forget to make him the focus of your Christmas. :) Also pray ;) Merry Christmas!!

Elder Brunsdale 










No comments:

Post a Comment