Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Happy 2018!

Well this week has been quite eventful! I'd like to wish everyone a happy new year and just share you a quick little experience that I had this week.
       
So my companion and I were walking up to a lesson at the apartment of one of our investigators and he was already standing outside. This is one of our main investigators, he's on date and progressing really well. Anyway, I had the strangest spiritual prompting! I just all of a sudden knew that I needed to fake a sore throat and not say hardly anything in the lesson! So I pointed to my throat and shook my head and it really threw my companion off at first because I was going to lead out but instead I took the role of just being the guy that was drawing on the board. 
       
This lesson was incredible!! This investigator has a minor learning disability and it's often hard to help him understand but he just kept saying "Wow!" "Oh my goodness!" "I'm getting it, this is amazing!" He said that the way in which Elder Kemp was explaining it was just perfect for him. Which is incredible because this investigator speaks half English half Spanish and always switches between the two, which is exactly how Elder Kemp taught. 

If I had led out it would have been all Spanish which wasn't what he needed. He also told me that the pictures I was drawing made so much sense! I felt super inspired about them too. 
        
So that went into the books as an amazing lesson :) In other news I got to wear another even more expensive watch and we spent Christmas day with the beloved Osorio family :) I love my ward so much. They brought me a birthday cake to church and sang to me while I was teaching Gospel Principles class with my companion and then later that night my second family (The venturas) threw a bunch of cake in my face :) 

I love you all! Pray always! 
Elder Brunsdale














No comments:

Post a Comment