Thursday, August 17, 2017

Another Car Fast Story

Well this last Saturday was the mission wide car fast so my companion and I jumped on the bikes ready to do some work. 

About 10 minutes after leaving the apartment it went from 102 degrees and sunny to FLOOD. We took a good swim back to the apartments and changed. Thankfully, we remembered to throw our white handbooks in our bags and save them from the rain and ourselves from condemnation. 

We changed real fast and also made a change of plans, the rest of the night was sunny and hot not a cloud in the sky. It seemed as if every single person that we talked to that night needed our help. Even if it was just to tell them that God loved them and that we loved them. The Lords timing truly is perfect. 
        
I also just wanted to share a little spiritual thought with y'all. I've recently been reading in the Old Testament book of Job. As you probably know, Job was a perfect and upright man. He feared God and eschewed evil. The Lord had blessed him with much, wisdom, a loving family, thousands of livestock, and a "very great household." 

As the story goes this was all taken from him as a trial of his faith. Not only was he afflicted physically with boils, crushed by the loss of his possessions, and shattered by the loss of his dearest loved ones. But he was told to "Curse God, and die." His best friends turned against him, telling him that he brought it upon himself because of his wickedness. But Job was confident in his righteousness, and knew in whom he had trusted. In this whirlwind of pain, false accusation, and loneliness we find the beautiful, profound and simple proclamation of Job. 

Job 19:25 "For I know that my redeemer liveth..." 
        
I too know that my redeemer liveth. I know that Jesus of Nazareth walked among us, that he healed the sick and afflicted and cast out devils and lived a perfect life. I also know that he then sacrificed that life for us that we might be able to repent of our sins and come unto him, be baptized, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, all this as a testimony that we believe in him and desire to do his will and be better. 

I am not as job. I have not suffered such great pain or trial. But just as the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ brought comfort and strength to job, my knowledge of Christ has carried me through every challenge I've had in this mortal existence. He has always been there for me, I know He always will. Just as He promised "I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you." 

I love you all so much. Please, never stop saying your prayers :) Have a wonderful week! 
Elder Brunsdale


No comments:

Post a Comment