Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Diligence of Abinadi

 I decided recently that I would like to learn a little bit more about the Christlike attribute of diligence. So I thought "hmm, who can teach me about diligence?"... And the first person that came to my mind was Abinadi. 

So, I went to Mosiah and started reading, I read of how they tried to kill him but he fled and later returned to preach in disguise. Later being caught again and at the threat of death, never denying his testimony. Now that's diligence. 

For some reason or another Mosiah 13:9 especially sticks out to me. Abinadi had a message to deliver, he had a work to do. And when the people of Noah "durst not lay their hands on him, for the spirit of the Lord was upon him." He says: (Mosiah 13: 9) But I finish my message; and then it matters not whither I go, if it so be that I am saved. 

This brought to my mind a quote from Elder Eyring- "You will become more diligent as you feel the magnitude of the trust that God has placed in you." 
   
I know that Abinadi knew perfectly what God had trusted him with. He understood his calling, and because of that he was diligent in fulfilling it. He even sacrificed his life.  

Mosiah 17: 10 Yea, and I will suffer even until death, and I will not recall my words, and they shall stand as a testimony against you. And if ye slay me ye will shed innocent blood, and this shall also stand as a testimony against you at the last day
   
I would invite you to evaluate yourself and choose something that you would like to be more diligent in, whether it be home teaching or magnifying your calling or simply just church attendance. 

Go to the scriptures and conference talks and learn about it. I know that as your testimony of that particular principal strengthens that you will become more diligent in fulfilling it. God has put a lot of trust in all of us. Let's never take that lightly. 

This week's pictures are basically just a wedding that we went to. A quick piece of advice, don't invite the missionaries to your wedding reception. It's just cruel haha. But the food was great and we loved being serenaded by the mariachi band. 

I also said goodbye to a good friend, Elder Evans, and that's about all. The work is going great! I love you all and hope you have an incredible prayer filled week! :) 
Elder Brunsdale




No comments:

Post a Comment