Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bye bye, Elder Smith

Wow! What a week! We just found out on Saturday that Elder Smith is going to be leaving this area tomorrow and I'll be receiving.... Drumroll please.... Elder Mark Ferguson! If you don't know him we went to high school together and played in the orchestra together for 5 years! He just got trained so I'll be breaking him in and showing him how I do things ;) I couldn't be more excited, it's going to be a very, very good transfer. 
        
Other than that this week was very good, we found 17 new investigators and we're teaching a lesson every day, it was a good week to end our companionship on. I did go on one exchange with Elder Lawson, he's also new to the mission so it was fun to get to know him and do some good work. 

We met a man named Hermano Chavez on our exchange and had a great conversation with him. He pulled out his Bible as we went up to him and bore testimony several times to us that Christ lives. He wasn't interested in the message but I felt impressed to give him 3 of our cards (which are basically just a mini portrait of Christ) and ask him to help us with our missionary work by giving our number to people. The way his face lit up was incredible and he was so excited to help spread the Gospel with us.

I'm also throwing in a picture of one of our investigators, her name is Monica and she's just incredible! 

As a brief spiritual brownie I'm going to include a link to a new video that the church has recently put out. I'd love to invite all of you to watch that video and perhaps if you feel impressed to share an experience about "hearing the music of the Gospel" I would absolutely love to hear from you. :) 

I love you all, the Church is most definitely true, and God loves you. Pray to him. :)
Elder Brunsdale





No comments:

Post a Comment