Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hello Friends

Hey, did ya'll know that President David O. McKay once said, "Prayer is the pulsation of a yearning, loving heart in tune with the Infinite. It is a message of the soul sent directly to a loving Father. The language is not mere words.… The first and most fundamental virtue in effective prayer is faith. A belief in God brings peace to the soul. An assurance that God is our Father, into whose presence we can go for comfort and guidance, is a never-failing source of comfort." 
    
What a beautiful statement. Our prayers are more than mere words. I feel as though I cannot express through an email my burning and living testimony of prayer. I'll just say that God is a real, physical, actual Father who loves you. Because of the unity between the Father, the Son, and the Spirit you can literally communicate with him through the power of the Holy Ghost. It's as though we are in his presence. I've received personal guidance countless times, and I know of the never failing source of comfort. Keep praying, have faith, God answers our prayers! 

This week was pretty fun, a super rich English member took us out to eat some lamb at a Greek restaurant and then showed us around Old Town Alexandria as well as his million dollar home with all of his art and Rolex watches. haha 

We also found out about transfers and my entire district is staying the same which is crazy! I'm super excited to have another transfer with all these guys. That's about all! Have a wonderful week everyone! 
Elder Brunsdale







No comments:

Post a Comment